click click click

Monday, December 30, 2013

December on Ibyangram

Ibyang + Instagram = Ibyangram
While my instagram photos are shared on my twitter page and sometimes on my tumblr and fb page, I would like to have a monthly dump of ibyangrams on AWCL too. It is thru instagram that I share everyday moments and random finds. I use instagram as my real time mini-blog. Every end of the month, I'll be choosing a couple of photos from my instagram and share it here because I have something more to say about a certain ibyangram.


We had a sad start to December as we said goodbye to family living in America and the Philippines. There is that sudden silence when family reunions end. And the only way for things to go back to normal is to go back to the usual daily grind. The Husband and I went straight back to work and eased in slowly to our normal. December is always a festive time and it helped a lot in easing sadness we felt at the start of the month. Work has winded down but it is temporary. The last week of December, we focused on relaxing and getting ready for the new year. 

There's more to my December than just Christmas celebrations and I've got my Ibyangrams to speak for it...

Goodbyes, even if temporary, are always painful especially when family is involved.
 New frozen yogurt place at Townhall Station. Their Taro Yogurt was delicious.
 Dried GREEN Mangoes. My newfound love.
 Happy find: HOP's chocolate-covered Polvoron.
Hubby tried out the Sony lens for smartphones. No plans of buying it...yet.
New grand cru of Nespresso called "Cioccorosso". A marriage of dark chocolate and fruit notes, sweet and refreshing. Pefect for Summer weather.
Jackie Ohh by Ray-Ban, a 1950s-inspired pair of sunnies. I find its cat-like tips very retro. I wrote about it here
Off to work in a pair of shorts. This was when we expected heatwave temps of 39-41 degrees.
Gifted myself with a little Bodum French Press so I can savour good coffee when at work. Thanks to my dear friend Xingkit for sending me a bag of UCC Blue Mountain Coffee. I love it!
My work area has a Christmas corner! Grateful for mates who visit me, have a bit of chitchat and a chance to say our Christmas greetings. 
My Lomo Fisheye Photos arrived two weeks after I sent it for developing. The romance of film photography is love.
 Snacking on Banana-Q, Krispy Kreme doughnuts, iced coffee and Caramel Sundae.
 My Lumix GF1 has a new baby sister...the Lumix GM1. 
Already loving what I've discovered about the Lumix GM1 with 12-32mm lens (in the first hour that I've played with it): it weighs 274 grams, height is shorter than an iPhone 5s (it's sooo small & light), functions can be activated via touchscreen, has built-in Wi-Fi so photos can be sent to your phone, ISO goes up to 25,600 if in manual setting and the sensor has an auto shutter to protect from dust. 
Coco Cubano now open in Blacktown! Located at the 4th Level of Wespoint. Come here for great coffee and meals.
Oh what a gift it is to have good coffee with a great view of blue skies and sunshine.
Tiny chocolates on the side of our coffee makes our drinking experience a little more special.
My pretty goddaughter Madison. We bought her a cup of Babyccino so she can enjoy "having coffee" with us. She was very happy as she drank her pretend coffee drink.
Hello Kitty finds: ID Lanyard, pillbox and insole cushions.
They reminded me of Geishas in Japan so I bought these cards at a nearby shop. Such a cute find.
Gift from my Tita Cyn who knows that I love LeSportsac bags and floral patterns. She said this bag is "So you!" because the floral pattern looked like Cherry Blossoms.
Something fun for dinner: Chicken Sisig. Made a not-so fatty version by mincing chicken breast instead of pork.