click click click

Saturday, September 22, 2007

When Was The Last Time You've Been To A Library?

I really can't remember...I think the last time I visited a library was probably during my college years.

Today, I unexpectedly went to a library in Blacktown. I was hanging out with my Tita and cousins and they needed to drop by the library to return and borrow books again for schoolwork. Since I didn't have any agenda for myself today, I went with them.
As soon as I'm inside the library, I felt really at home. And then I went on instant "reminiscing mode":

1.) That I was a student librarian when I was in Grade School. Other than my love for reading books, love ko ding mag-serve sa library check-in and check-out counter, mag-welcome and goodbye sa mga estudyante na pumapasok at lumalabas ng library at mag-arrange ng books according to the Dewey Decimal System. Ayan, now you know how much of a geek I am.

2.) Na kahit lunch time ay nagdu-duty ako sa library, kahit hindi na ako maka-tsika sa mga barkada ko, okay lang.

3.) In school, the library is my refuge. If you can't find me in the cafeteria, laboratory or tambayan area, you'd definitely find me in the library. Even if there's no research work or assignment due, I'd still go there and bury myself with tons of books that interests me.

4.) I can stay for hours and hours in the library, I don't even have to eat. Just leave me there and I'll be fine. I'll just leave when it's time for me to go home.

5.) That one time I felt asleep buried under tons of Psychology books due to the comfort of the cool aircon inside the St. Paul's Library. And I was probably very very exhausted from thesis and Experimental Psych work.

6.) That I sometimes start and end my day at the library. Before going to class and before going home, I'm there.

Nowadays, my library is the internet. But sometimes it feels good to be surrounded by hundreds of books and be able to read some of them once in a while. More often than not, I just like going back to basics.

This is me on a Saturday morning, inside the library! (Do I really have to have a photo taken inside the library??? hehehe. The geek in me says "Yes!")

The book that I just had to borrow