click click click

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Desperadas

...as in desperada magkita (desperate to see each other).

Went back to work on Monday and although my body is still adjusting to traveling to and from work and moving a lot, I'm just glad to be working again.

My kumare, Jackie, and I have been looking forward to having a coffee date--we've missed hanging out after work coz I've been onleave. Now that I'm back, we vowed to have coffee ASAP. The funny thing is we're both "disabled", as in I'm on the last stages of my recuperation and she on the other hand is very pregnant and could be in labor any moment now. So basically, after work, we should go straight home and rest. But no, we finally had our coffee date yesterday, just the two of us. We looked so funny walking in the city, holding on to each other for support (can you just imagine us?). I kept on asking her in the morning, "Are you sure you're good for a meet up?" And I also kept on saying, "Please don't go on labor with me". Haha. Just a joke of course. Honestly, we can't wait to see baby boy number 2.

We met up at Starbucks, York Street.






Just because I wanted to have Toffee Nut Latte Frapuccino. In a few weeks, this favorite drink of mine will be taken out of the menu. Sad.


As usual, we had a great time. Other than catch up on what happened during our holidays, we also talked about our plans/goals for 2010 (will share mine soon). Good coffee, great conversations. I love it.




I loved her outfit too! It's so 60's--i love 60's and 70's fashion. I told her to keep her dress for me so when I get pregnant, she can lend it to me.