click click click

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Movie Date with My Girls: Eat Pray Love

From organizing get-togethers, dinners and coffee dates, my girlfriends and I watch chick flicks together too. At this point of our lives, it's a blessing to find time to do this activity.  The tricky part is always with the movie schedule wherein we really have to be there on time so we had to work our schedules around it.

We've seen Sex & the City 2 a couple of months ago and then last month, EAT PRAY LOVE was finally shown so we trooped to the cinemas and watched it together.  Some of us have read the book and for the others who haven't, they just looked forward to seeing it.  

We all enjoyed it.  It's not spectacular or anything but it was a "feel good" movie where possibly a lot of women are able to relate to Elizabeth's story.   We walked out of the cinema feeling happy and relaxed--it's as if we all had our "me" time only we shared the moment together.


Eat Pray Love movie date

Eat Pray Love movie date

And when we have get-togethers such as these, My Husband and little Jiona (our friends' daughter) will always have their play time.  After hanging out, my Husband will always have some photographs of them like these....


Playing with JionaPlaying with JionaPlaying with Jiona

Isn't it cute???? I just want to share these because I was so amused when I saw them.  Jiona is at that stage where she can already mimic what you are doing, she's so smart and cute in front of the camera. 



Seeing this movie come to life on the big screen is a dream come true for me.  Although the movie never showed some important bits and more substantial parts of Liz Gilbert's book I'm glad that somehow the movie showed her journey to finding herself, balance and love.  I love her Italy trip the best from all the three countries that she visited. 

Some quotes from the movie that I like:

"Balance is not letting anyone love you less than you love yourself.”


"I want to go some place where I can marvel at something."

Liz Gilbert: I’m sick of people telling me that I need a man.
Felipe: You don’t need a man, Liz. You need a champion.


"We call it “dolce far niente”, the sweetness of doing nothing.”

‎"The resting place of the mind is the heart. The only thing the mind hears all day is clanging bells and noise and argument, and all it wants is quietude. The only place the mind will ever find peace is inside the silence of the heart. That's where you need to go."

 

“Ruin is a gift. Ruin is the road to transformation.”

Liz and Felipe

After the book "Eat Pray Love", Elizabeth Gilbert wrote another book entitled "Committed" which tells the dramatic journey of Liz and Felipe to saying "I do."