click click click

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Waiting for that Phone Call

My bestfriend is due to give birth soon and I'm so excited for her.   Two days ago, she called me at the office and I thought she was about to give birth already.  We made a pact that as soon as she goes on labour, she or Husband will call me.  Her tummy is feeling very heavy and she related that she might give birth before her due date.


As always our phone call turned out really funny as we talked about what her Husband will wear when she gives birth.  Her Husband is a nurse and I jokingly asked, "Is he wearing his nurse uniform or green scrubs?  Or maybe he has a lab coat too?"  And we laughed.  I know we sound lame but I guess that's what makes us the best of friends.  We can laugh about anything we talk about.


I'm looking forward to hearing from her again, hoping that it soon be about her going on labour.  I'm going on a holiday soon and I would really like to be there for her in this very important occasion of her life.