click click click

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Costco Soon-to-Open in Sydney & Canberra

One of the things my Husband and I enjoyed during our trip to Melbourne last year (September 2010) was shopping at Costco.

Costco is an international chain of membership warehouses that carry quality, brand name merchandise at substantially lower prices than are typically found at conventional wholesale or retail sources.  I've heard about Costco from relatives that travel to America when I was in my teen years and I have always been fascinated with their shopping stories in Costco. 

Costco opened in Melbourne last year and it became one of the highlights of our September 2010 trip.  I love grocery shopping!  Shopping in Costco reminded me of my weekly shopping rendezvous with my parents in Makro (in the Philippines) so when we entered "Costco-landia", it was like deja vu on a larger scale.

Costco Melbourne (September 2010)

Costo is a shopper's haven.  From electronic gadgets, musical instruments, clothes, cameras, groceries, furniture--they almost have everything anyone may need. 

Costco Melbourne (September 2010)


Costco Melbourne (September 2010)


Costco Melbourne (September 2010)


Fun fact:  They have American chocolates!!! 

Costco Melbourne (September 2010)


Costco Melbourne (September 2010)

Amusing fact:  Huge items are sold here!

Costco Melbourne 2010

Even the cakes sold in their Pastry Area are in massive sizes.

Costco Melbourne 2010


Great find for the OC (obsessive-compulsive): an instant stain remover.

Costco Melbourne 2010


GREAT NEWS!  Costco will soon open in Sydney and Canberra in July 2011!  Since last year, the Husband and I have been waiting for their opening and we're excited that it won't be long now. 

Early this year, they have announced that their registration for memberships are open so if you have not registered yet, you may do so here.

For more details and updates, check out their website.


Follow ibyang on Twitter