click click click

Monday, February 6, 2012

Keyboard Case For My Tablet

In less than two months, my iPad 2 will turn a year old and honestly, the only protection it's ever had are the plastic screen protection, clear case (for the back), smart cover and an oversized laptop sleeve which is originally for my netbook.

For the longest time, I'd stare at iPad cases in every gadget store, hoping to find the perfect case for me.  And everytime I'd choose one, I'd bring it back to the shelves after a few minutes, unsure and hesitant.  Sometimes, I'd lust over iPad cases from Kate Spade and Marc Jacobs but again, I can't find enough logic in me to buy them.  While I understand that they're designer cases and pretty, I cannot succumb to shelling out money only for aesthetic reasons.

And then there's the keyboard.  Anyone who blogs or writes would find it easier if their tablet has a real keyboard.  The Husband had suggested buying me an Apple keyboard before we went to Seoul last year but I shunned the idea because I didn't want an additional gadget to think of when I travel.  I've read a story about a blogger who owns an iPad and a separate keyboard which resulted to the blogger forgetting the keyboard at her hotel.  I wouldn't want that hassle on me.  

Late last year, I thought I found the perfect iPad case for me which is an iPad case and keyboard in one.  I didn't buy it because I thought it wasn't urgent anyway.  I recommended the iPad Keyboard Case to one of my workmates because he said he wanted to use his iPad while attending classes in university.  He bought one and found it really useful.  Instead of writing down notes, he types his notes during classes on his iPad.

With plans of being more active in writing this year, I've decided to buy the iPad Keyboard Case soon. It didn't occur to me that the Husband had the same idea.  Yesterday, he once again made a gesture of thoughtfulness and generosity as he handed a post-birthday present.   


Ipad Keyboard Case



If it were me, I'd probably grab any keyboard case I could find but the Husband did a bit of research and tested the ones available in store.  He ended up choosing the Kensington KeyFolio Pro 2 Removable Keyboard because of its:
  • Tactile keyboard with high-performance keys optimized for touch typist (He didn't like the quality of rubberized keyboards, he knew I wanted something that feels like a computer keyboard)
Ipad Keyboard Case

  • Removable Bluetooth keyboard delivers wireless operation (If I know that a keyboard isn't critical to using it while I'm out, I can leave the keyboard at home)
Keyboard Case For My Tablet

  • Secured Velcro fastener ensures tablet vertical stability
  • View angle range from 70 to 20 degrees
Keyboard Case For My Tablet

  • Compact and functional 3-in-1 design
  • Folds flat and secures with elastic band for in case use
  • Easy port access to all iPad 2 controls and 30-pin connector
  • Cut outs for I/O ports, speakers, front and back cameras
Also, it's much cheaper than other known brands in the market.  Just a tip, make sure that the tablet case you will buy is the right one for your tablet model.  In my case, the Husband had to double check whether he was buying a case for an iPad 2 because it had specified cut outs for the front and back cameras.

I'm now happily typing away when I use my tablet for blogging and writing articles.

Follow ibyang on Twitter