click click click

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

K.F.C. at Arisun (Haymarket, Sydney)

When my Mum was here for a visit In Autumn, it was an opportunity for her to see how we've adapted a few Korean things into our lifestyle. The most evident would be our love for Korean food. Our menu at home became more diverse when I learned how to cook a few Korean dishes. Kimchi has become one of our staple food inside the fridge, either that we buy a bucket from the Asian store or I make them myself

We took her to Koreatowns while she was here and we had meals at a few Korean restaurants, one of which was Arisun, so she can have a taste of Korean Fried Chicken (KFC). It was our first time to try Arisun's KFC and I'm so glad it did not disappoint.  We dined in during lunch time and it wasn't crowded. 
Arisun
Arisun

We ordered the Black Bean Noodles (Jajangmyun), one of Korea's popular noodle dishes. My Mom sees this in Kdramas that she's watched and was very interested to try it. This is by far the best Jajangmyun I've tried in the metro. Oozing with thick sauce with lots of pork and vegetables. Very filling and tasty.
Arisun
Arisun
Arisun

Then came the beautifully deep fried KFC. Since my Mom doesn't like spicy food, we opted for Sun's Original Fried Chicken. A whole bowl of crispy and juicy KFC costs AUD$30. We are definitely coming back for more of these! Perfect for Soju or Beer!
Arisun
Arisun
Arisun
1 Dixon Street, Haymarket Chinatown, Sydney
(near Liverpool Street)
Tel: +61 (02) 9264 1588
Open 7 days 10:30am til late