click click click

Sunday, September 30, 2012

September Surprise: A Very Early Christmas Pressie

Last year, the Husband surprised with an iPhone 4s. Last Friday, he surprised me with a MacBook Air!

It was just a matter of time until I get a new laptop, I just didn't know when. I've always been a Windows user and have been happy being one. I'm just a simple girl really when it comes to computers. There's a non-techie part of me that will always be terrified at learning new technology. The Husband has been encouraging me to switch to an Apple laptop but I've always hesitated. 

This year, I gave my netbook to my dad so for the past few months, I've been writing and doing photography tasks using a desktop computer and an iPad. However, this year, it's been quite a challenge doing tasks via our desktop because we've been using it to watch TFC Online (we've subscribed so we can watch Filipino shows and news). So I had to think about getting a new laptop again so I can catch up on my blogging and other digital projects I've been conceptualising for the past months. Along with the thinking, I've been saving up money in case I do decide to buy one. Lately, the road seemed to have led me to buy a MacBook Air as it answers to a lot of my needs.

Last Friday, we head down to the city and went to the Apple Store. I've decided to get the MacBook Air (MBA) but I was also ready to walk out the Apple Store empty-handed in case my gut feel tells me otherwise. I didn't know the Husband was brewing something in his mind while I fiddled with the MBA. His instagram below said it all...

So we talked to one of the Apple genuises about purchasing an MBA and willingly accommodated us. He told us that if we decide to buy, we can just go to the counter and they'll get our purchase ready for check-out. We went to the 2nd level of the store and had a look at accessories and when we're ready to go, we stopped by the counter and that's when the Husband started talking to the staff. 

He was getting a MacBook Air!!!  And then he told me, "This is your Christmas gift!" I was shocked, surprised, overwhelmed and elated when I heard what he said.  Oh wow!!!!  :) :) :)

Like a kid, giddy and giggly when I got my MacBook Air. 
September Surprise: A Very Early Christmas Pressie
September Surprise: A Very Early Christmas PressieSeptember Surprise: A Very Early Christmas Pressie

That evening at home, the Husband gave me a crash course on how to navigate the MBA. Oh ha? Si Husband, benefactor na, trainer pa! LOL. 

Right now, I'm still in awe of the Husband's surprise and in happy disbelief that I'm writing this post using my new writing partner, the MacBook Air