click click click

Friday, August 15, 2008

Friday Special

Friends have been wondering why I'm almost always on a day-off on Fridays. The simplest explanation would be, in my office, an employee is entitled to 2 days-off per month given that he/she is able to render 140 hours. That's why some weeks I only go to work for four days. I usually take Fridays off coz Mondays are the craziest day at the office so I need to be there.

Anyway, this day-off is the first time in 4 months that I spent by my lonesome (just like old times) because the husband already started work this week (thanks to everyone who prayed and gave their enormous support). I was actually looking forward to another day out with him but surprise surprise, he got called in to start work last Tuesday. So now, I'm back to spending one whole day of "Me" time.

To make my day a little more special I decided to watch Mamma Mia! (I enjoyed it very much) and try out a new cafe named "Cafe Mondeo".

I've been thinking of having coffee at Cafe Mondeo for like a year already but the location of the cafe doesn't allure me. However with the closing of Starbucks, I thought that today would be the best day to try it out.

I only ordered my usual Cafe Americano and a Caramel Cheesecake.

But I didn't eat the caramel bit.

I got amused by their chair...do you remember the chair from Pepper Lunch? Now look at Cafe Mondeo's chair...

Eyeluvit!!!! I swear when I get rich, I'll get myself someone who can customize my chairs for me and have something carved on it.

Then they have this very big photograph on the wall with a quote that said...

Poetic but very true. =)

I had a very long day today. Slept late last night because we attended Fr. Suarez's Healing Mass (that's a different blog altogether as I'm still collecting my thoughts from the wonderful and miraculous thing that has happened to me) and woke up early still because the husband wanted me to prepare breakfast for him and see him off (and I thought I could sleep in late but noooo). Was up at 5:30am, did the laundry while getting dressed, then at 10am I was already at the mall. Home at 3:00pm, went online, cleaned house, folded clothes, prepared dinner, cleaned up the kitchen. Now, we just finished the koreanovela we were watching for the past two weeks or so. Wow, I had a productive day. I feel happy, tired but relaxed! Pwede bang maging tired pero relaxed???? Maybe, coz that's what I'm feeling right now.

Okay, I'm off. I'm really sleepy now. Need to catch up on lost sleep. Good night and have a a great weekend!