click click click

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Our Zen-inspired Bedroom

When we moved in to our 2-bedroom unit, we didn't have much of a bed...we only had a mattress. For nearly two months, we technically slept on the floor.

We have the simplest Master's Bedroom there is. My idea of a bedroom is just a room with a bed, bedside tables and lampshades because the only thing I want to do inside our bedroom (other than dress up) is to read and sleep. I simply wanted a room where I can relax and lie down and think of nothing.

As simple as our room may be, it took us months to complete whatever is inside the room because it took us ages to find the perfect bedside lampshades (read: the lampshades that suited the room AND my preference). We actually bought a bedroom package because I particularly wanted unison. The last thing I want for our bedroom is the "sabog" look.

The idea/theme for the bedroom is Zen-inspired and a fusion of Leather and Wood. Our bed is made out of Leather. Since we're surrounded by dark, hard wood, I wanted to soften things a bit, plus it makes a good cushion for my back when reading (I made sure that the headboard was cushioned). Our bed and furnitures are all in shades of chocolate brown. Since everything is in dark color, our bedsheets are of a lighter shade of brown which is Beige, to lighten up the room.

The only other furniture we have inside our bedroom (other than what you see on the photo above) is a Tallboy that comes with the bedside tables and that's where we put additional clothes in. I don't even have a small boudoir (a.k.a. make-up area or in the Phils, it is this Tokador where we put all our make-up, lotion, etc.) to do my girly stuff. We have a built-in closet with doors made of mirrors so that's where I have a place for my girly stuff and I do all my getting-all-dolled-up standing up infront of the closet.

As of now, we don't have any other electronic devices inside our room, except for the Alarm Clock with Radio features (which I never really turn on for listening music) on my side of the bed. I know the Husband would want that we someday have a TV inside the room but I'm prolonging the time not having it, providing lots and lots of reasons on why we don't need it---I really don't like a TV inside our room.

So there, a peek of our simple Zen-inspired bedroom.