click click click

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Affirmation: One Fear at a Time

Affirmation: 
I'll avoid worrying 
and face my fears 
one at a time

Personal Reflection:
Worries and fears take a toll on our body and spirit.  These two things are normal in our everyday lives but it is never healthy when we indulge with worries or fears all the time.  

As adults, we sometimes wish we can go back to days when we were young and more carefree--when life is so much simpler.  Whenever we look back at those days, we laugh at ourselves for worrying about the trivial things.  But then, during those times, they weren't trivial at all.  Our worries and fears then were very real and important to us especially when we overcame them because they defined us to be what we are now.

Nowadays, our worries and fears are of bigger scale as we have more responsibilities.  Now that we're older, we have more complicated wants and needs, more goals to achieve, more people that we care about.

Until now, I still haven't found the right formula to avoid worrying and feel fear.  There are moments when I feel anxious about things. There are moments when I need a loved one to tell me, "Everything's going to be alright.", in order to restore belief in myself and have more faith.

Whenever I have moments of uncertainties, I draw strength from my faith and loved ones who give moral support.  In moments when my mind seems to be filled with noises of insecurity, I listen more to people and learn inspiration from them.  Whenever an adversity presents fear in me, I accept that it is normal to feel fear and that something good will come out of it.  When I feel fear, I use that as a way to look for a better perspective and an opportunity to change.

-o0o0o-

Facing My Fears
by 
Amber Johnson

Now you see me in the dark
the dark that pulls us apart
you see what you fear
and now everyone begins to disappear
this world holds so much hate
in this world what is fate?
Sometimes we do not know what we fear
but we know it nears
and I of all people will rise
and I will learn to be wise
nor will my fears push me away
nor will I die today
I will not run from it anymore
it's time I open the door
and all those that I love
are going to know I'm coming above
I now will be able to sleep at night
knowing that I don't have to fight
this is the first step of being free
I have no right to hold up so much greed
and no matter where, when, or how
I just know it's time to do this now
its time that I let the light in
and stop running from something so thin
I do not know where I will go
but I know I'll leave in a flawless flow
this is where my life is bound
it's time that my inner self is found


-o0o0o-

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'
  - Eleanor Roosevelt