click click click

Saturday, August 31, 2013

August on Ibyangram

Ibyang + Instagram = Ibyangram
While my instagram photos are shared on my twitter page and sometimes on my tumblr and fb page, I would like to have a monthly dump of ibyangrams on AWCL too. It is thru instagram that I share everyday moments and random finds. I use instagram as my real time mini-blog. Every end of the month, I'll be choosing a couple of photos from my instagram and share it here because I have something more to say about a certain ibyangram.


We had a great start to August as the Husband and I came out of our semi-hibernation. The weather temperature had gradually gone up and we had been blessed with nothing but good weather almost everyday. I have resumed my weekly de-cluttering sessions in different areas of our home. We're working our way towards having the guest room as neat as possible in time for my Mother's vacation in October. Although work has become more busy for both of us, I have squeezed in time and spent a day with girlfriends. Below are a few more things that made up my August.

Sunset at Petersham. Taken while I was inside the train on the way home. My train had a stop here and as I looked out the window, the light was just beautiful. Sydney's golden hour is always lovely. 
Doing photography at home with the help of a step ladder. I sometimes wish I have a bit more height especially when I do photography. I've stepped on everything I could find whenever I do photography but at home this step ladder is so helpful to me.
Coconut Cupcake made and given by one of my workmates. I love her cupcake! It was so delicious. I'm not much of a baker but her cupcake was so good I asked for the recipe. Good luck na lang sa akin kung kelan ko yun magagawa haha. 
Fur Friday. I've owned this (faux)fur jacket (thanks to my aunt!) since I've lived here in Sydney. I love how it's so warm and fuzzy. 
Self-serve Area of Nespress Boutique in Sydney. Shopping's become easy for Nespresso Cardholders at the Nespresso Boutique! Just grab a bag and your choice of Nespresso grand crus and pay at the self-serve counters. 
The IKEA Food Hall. There's the dining area, lounge area and they also have a kiddie area. They offer yummy and affordable food.
Our IKEA Brekkie. We got the regular breakfast but the Husband asked for some beans to be added to his. Then we each got dessert! His was some kind of pastry with peach and I had the Almond Butterscotch Pie. We like getting up early and start our day at IKEA because of the cheap brekkie and it's easier to find a parking spot in the morning. 
The Little Moon Over A Lovely Sunset. Sydney's gorgeous sunsets are endless. What a blessing to come home to this. I'm so grateful!
Bejeweled Dessert Spoon From Korea. One of my many pretty finds from Seoul. Makes my coffee a little more dainty. 
Another Lovely Dessert Spoon. Here's the second design I got. They're common in Seoul so it's really easy to find them. 
MUJI Nail Files. I love them! While using them one night, I realized my nail thingy storage all matched! They're Pink!
I saw this when I was WAITING for my train. I like it whenever I see the ads of the Philippines' Tourism Department. 
French Toast Brekkie on a Thursday Morning. I've got a day-off that day but I was getting ready to go out. To start a little calm on my day-off, I prepared a proper breakfast so I can sit down and savour my quiet time.
A Haircut After Four Months! Finally found the time to visit my Korean hairstylist. She brought back my bangs and layers. It felt so good to be taken cared of (yes that's how my hairstylist makes me feel). Made me feel human again.
Cherry Blossoms! Ahhhhh love is seeing cherry blossom flowers. I'm in love with them. I squeal in delight whenever I see them. More cherry blossom photos on my next blog entry.
My New Reading Partner. Thanks to the Husband for being my "fairy gadget father" for gifting me with my first e-book reader. I thought long and hard about having one and this year I've decided to go back to my love for reading books. Sure I have a table that I use for reading e-books but it's not as user-friendly as I hoped it to be. 
Sushi Plate To Share with Husband. On days when we don't feel like cooking or don't have time to cook, we resolve to buying Sushi and eat at home. Rule of thumb though is to still sit on the table no matter what meal we eat. No eating on the sofa even if we're eating take away food.
On the last week of August, my boss gave me a bunch of Pink Tulips. It was a gift for the work I've done for the past few weeks. My work has tripled since the start of August due to the high demand for the training program I manage. I've weathered challenging days and I look forward to a busier September and October. The thought that my work is appreciated makes it all worth it.
Just-because Gifts From the Husband. No special occasions this month but the generous Husband spoilt me with a two needs and a want: kindle, pink macbook sleeve and a tote bag.
Coffee "Me" Time. Last Friday of the month and I couldn't be happier ending my afternoon with some downtime. A cuppa, two macarons and an e-book kept me company for more than an hour. It was the perfect quiet celebration I needed. 

That was a few snapshots of the month that passed. Hope you had a lovely month of August too!

For more Ibyangrams, follow me at here