click click click

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Dinner at NaruOne...For Some Korean Fried Chicken!

I asked my Mom, "Do you miss eating Korean Fried Chicken?" She answered in the affirmative. 

The thought came to me as the Husband and I were talking of where to bring Mom for meals in Sydney. I remembered that eating Korean Fried Chicken (KFC) in Seoul was one of the things that she enjoyed when we were there. So the Husband and I took her to dinner at NaruOne Korean Restaurant, which is famous for their KFC. 
Dinner at NaruOne
It was a cool night when we dropped by NaruOne for dinner so we opted for a bowl of Thick Beef Bone Soup. It's very watery and the taste was a bit bland (low salt) but I tasted the natural flavours of the beef. 
Dinner at NaruOne
Then came a whole plate of Korean Fried Chicken. We ordered the "Half-Half" which meant one half was regular and the other half was spicy. The chicken pieces where enveloped in thick coating, wasn't oily but satisfyingly juicy. The spicy flavour was really hot which I enjoyed with my little bowl of rice.

Dinner at NaruOne
Every Korean restaurant have their own versions of Korean Fried Chicken and the Husband and I have a bit of fair share in trying a couple. While NaruOne's version was the most crisp we've ever had, it isn't the most tasty for us. 

Will we come back? We certainly will because we want to try their Ginseng Chicken. And yes, maybe try their Korean Fried Chicken again.

NaruOne Korean Restaurant
375 Pitt Street, Sydney
Phone: 02 9261 2680