click click click

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Say Goodbye to Some Starbucks Stores in Australia

When I learned about the closing of 600 Starbucks Stores in America, I had a feeling that Australia will do the same.

And I was right (I wish I wasn't) as two days ago, it was in the news that some Starbucks stores in Australia will close too. And today, they have released the list of the 61 stores that they will close this week. That's 61 stores out of only 84...yes, ganun lang ka-konti ang Starbucks in the whole continent of Australia.

And the worst part of all, Blacktown (suburb where we live) and Parramatta (the nearest big mall from Blacktown) are included in the list.

I can understand closing the ones in the suburb areas as people who live in the suburbs are usually at home at around 6pm or 7pm. But when I saw Wynyard (which is located in one of the busiest train stations in the City) on the list, I can't help but say "It's that bad huh?" And it is.

How sad...for those who will lose jobs and for those who really find comfort every time they have a cup of coffee or hot chocolate in Starbucks (like me).