click click click

Monday, March 2, 2009

Restaurant: Ribs and Rumps

After playing badminton, we went straight to Ribs and Rumps for lunch. The restaurant is located in the vicinity of Sydney Olympic Park, a few blocks away from where we played. Very convenient. Plus, our friend Rich and Rache highly recommended the ribs in this resto. So ribs it was! We were game to taste something new anyway, it's been awhile since we've dined out.

We arrived at around 1:30pm, lunch was still in full swing. Parking on the side street was full but we managed to find a few spots not too far away from the resto. The resto was also full but we were lucky the waitress was able to give us a table in such short notice.

Ribs and Rumps has a welcoming ambience. Cozy interiors with accents of red and a fusion of wood and stone.

The first thing I noticed when we sat, was their logo imprinted on their every plate, serviettes (a.k.a. table napkins), and knives. It was fascinating and I love it!

We were given our drinks first. My husband and I both ordered orange juice.

While waiting for our orders, we were given this big R&R bibs. Cute!!!

Our order didn't take long, took approximately 15 minutes. Tada!!!!

Husband and I ordered the Ribs and Rumps Original which consists of half a slab of pork ribs, 2 slabs of lamb ribs and a 250gram Rump Steak. It comes with a siding of fried chips (a.k.a. fries).

I always want my steak medium-cooked and top it with Mushroom Sauce. R&R's rump steak is good. It is not the best steak I've tasted but it is satisfying for me.

Their ribs, however, is the best ribs I've ever tasted. I LOVE IT!!!! It is now my favorite ribs in the whole world (that's how good it is!). Their ribs are very tasty and juicy, and there's something about their sauce that wets the appetite.

And their chips is something else, i love it too! It's crunchy outside but chewy inside.

I honestly didn't finished my share of food as I am not used to eating lots of meat in just one sitting but I enjoyed my meal very much.

So what happens when you have a group of people eat lunch after a badminton game? This.....

For dessert, R&R's waitresses goes from table to table showing a big plate full of delicious-looking cakes. I wasn't able to take a photo as I was busy trying to figure out what to choose--there was a lot and they all looked yummy!!!

My friend Hilda ordered the Triple Chocolate Mousse...

while my Husband ordered the Blueberry Cheesecake. Ohhh la la!!!

The cakes were squeezed in-between a scoop of vanilla ice cream and whip cream and syrup. Both cakes were delicious, smooth and not too sweet. Their cakes had the right amount of sweetness that'll make you finish your cake to the last bit.

Service was efficient and the waitresses were friendly and accommodating. Prices are very reasonable for the delicious food and generous servings.

Ribs and Rumps is located in Sydney Olympic Park (8 Dawn Fraser Avenue, Homebush Bay). They also have branches in Manly, Gordon, North Ryde and Campbelltown.

You can make online bookings (Australia only) via their website: http://www.ribsandrumps.com/

For those in the UAE, their newest branch is in Dubai Mall.