click click click

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Recipe: Fat Burning Soup

What you need:
6 large onions
2 medium-sized green bell peppers or 1 large green bell pepper
6 large ripe tomatoes
1 bunch of celery with leaves
1/2 head white cabbage
4 carrots
1 litre Tomato Juice
Salt, Pepper to taste

What you need to do:

1. Chop vegetables and place inside a pot.

2. Pour in water and tomato juice. Add salt and pepper.

3. Boil for 10-15 minutes, until vegetables are tender.

Notes/Tips:

1. For those wanting to lose weight, the diet calls to eat only this soup for seven days.

2. The recipe above is good for 20 servings. You can put smaller portions in containers and store them in your freezer.

3. A caution of warning: this soup makes one gassy.

4. Diet or not, this is a great tasting soup. I've never really went on a diet with just this--and I never really go on a diet per se (I think I'd really die if I only eat this or go on a diet hehe). But I love having this soup because of the yummy veggies in it and I've always been fond of eating tomato-based soups. I eat this together with any daily meal: as a compliment to our main dish during lunch or dinner. Or I sometimes have this soup during afternoon snack.

5. This is a very healthy soup as the veggies in it are good sources of antioxidants which aids in getting rid of toxins in the body. This is also good if you want to burn calories, hence the name "fat burning soup."

6. One of the things I notice whenever I eat this is that my skin has a healthy, rosy glow.

Thank you to Toni of Wifely Steps for sharing her Fat Burning Soup recipe and for letting me publish it here in my blog.