This dish is healthy and very easy to cook. All you need are a few ingredients, an oven and 35 minutes of your time. If you don't have an oven, a mini-oven or toaster oven will do.
What you need:
4 Chicken Breast Fillets
2 cups Multigrain Bread Crumbs
3 tbsp Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
2 Spring Onions, finely chopped
1/2 cup Lemon Juice
4 tbsp Unsalted Butter, melted
1 tbsp Parsley, chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 tbsp Olive Oil
What you need to do:
1. In a small bowl, mix in your multigrain breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, spring onions, melted butter, salt and pepper.
2. Using your hands or a fork, press the mixture on top of the chicken breasts, to form an even coat.
3. Transfer the chicken breasts to a greased shallow oven tray. Before putting inside the oven, pour the olive oil and lemon juice on top of the coated chicken breasts. Bake for 20 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
4. Remove chicken from the oven and keep warm. Add the parsley on top and serve.
1. The type of breadcrumbs is up to you. I use multigrain breadcrumbs at home to up the fibre nutrient of this dish.
2. Go easy on the salt. The breadcrumbs and Parmesan Cheese has a certain saltiness already so taste your mixture before pouring in the salt.
3. Pour a bit of water on your oven tray before placing it inside the oven to avoid dryness of the chicken. Other than a tasty, delicious flavour, we want the chicken juicy as well.Bon appetit!