click click click

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Cafe: lee and me (Wollongong, Australia)

Before I move some of our photos to another hard drive, I'll share with you some restaurants/cafe we dined in during our Wollongong Summer Getaway last year (can't believe that was already a year ago, memories of that road trip still vivid in my mind).
Wollongong City

The trip to the south turned out to be one hell of a gastronomic surprise.  We went on this trip with no idea on where to eat and no reservations in any restaurant.  Very brave to say the least, we were celebrating our 3rd year wedding anniversary then and we left it to the fates to bring us to wherever we will have a sumptous meal.  The fates did not disappoint.  Our first meal in Wollongong was at a pretty cafe called lee and me.

A two-storey building in Crown street that house a cafe on the ground level and a fashion store on the 2nd floor, lee and me is a great find to any traveler in the area.
lee and me cafe

lee and me cafe

lee and me cafe


We decided to dine alfresco so we can feel the laidback atmosphere of this charming city.  Outside the cafe are cute orange chairs and makeshift tables made of crates.  The Husband and I opted to sit ourselves in normal tables and chairs so we can relax more.
lee and me cafe

 

I had a regular cup of sweet Cafe Latte, smooth and rich, while the Husband had the same drink only in a bigger glass.
lee and me cafe


We shared a slice of this chocolate cake.  I don't remember the name anymore but it is a nutty kind of chocolate cake.  Sweet but not too rich.  They have a whole range of yummy-looking cakes and pastries on the counter, took me awhile to choose.  They also serve breakfast and lunch.
lee and me cafe


The Husband left me for awhile and walked around only to surprise me when I saw him on the other side of the road taking paparazzi photos!

lee and me cafelee and me cafe


If you're ever in the area, stop and have a cuppa in this charming coffee haven. 
 

"A Wife's Charmed Life" visited lee and me as an anonymous guest on 20 January 2010.

lee and me

87 Crown Street
Wollongong, NSW 2500
Weekdays 7am - 5pm
Weekends 8am - 4pm

Ph:
02 42440695


Note:  Two more restaurants in the south to be shared later!


Follow ibyang on Twitter