click click click

Friday, September 9, 2011

Style Musings: My Great Finds From Kultura Filipino

One of my best retail find when I visited Manila a few months ago was Kultura Filipino It's one of the best shopping experiences for a balikbayan like me or travelers who explore the Philippines.  From crafts, accessories, apparel, bags, food and souvenir items, you can all find these in this lifestyle retail store.  You can conveniently find Kultura Filipino in all SM Malls.

Here are some my loots from Kultura Filipino:

The Jeepney shirt which has become one of my favourite shirts now.  I wore it once at the office and my workmates loved it!  I proudly told them about Jeepney being the national transportation of the Philippines.  I love the back of the shirt because of its detailed graphics.
Shirts from Kultura Fashion Fridays: Proudly Philippine-made Loots From Kultura


Being a Rizal fan, I just had to buy myself some Rizal shirts.  The white shirt with "Rizal twins" (that's how I call it hehe, it's actually likened to a playing card) is made by My Philippines, while the green shirt with the sunglasses-wearing Rizal (he looks soooo cool in this graphic design) is by Team Manila.  
Shirts from KulturaFashion Fridays: Proudly Philippine-made Loots From Kultura


The merchandise at Kultura Filipino are also great gifts to balikbayans.  Our wedding ninang,
Mama Jules, gifted the Husband and I shirts from Kultura Filipino!!!  We were so grateful for her thoughtfulness and oh how we loved her gifts to us.

Mama Jules gave me this cute shirt that had a heart made up of different symbols that relate to everything about the Philippines. 
Fashion Fridays: Proudly Philippine-made Loots From Kultura

The Husband's shirt on the other hand had Pinoy Jokes written all over.  Whenever he wears this I get mesmerized reading the jokes written on it.  
Fashion Fridays: Proudly Philippine-made Loots From KulturaFashion Fridays: Proudly Philippine-made Loots From Kultura

Other than shirts, I got myself some re-usable bags that had pop culture designs on them.
I like this Manila Street Life bag because it had the names of different cities in Metro Manila with icons of our Manila street life (click this to see enlarged photo).  And of course, I wouldn't leave the store without buying a Rizal bag to add to my Rizal collection.
Fashion Fridays: Proudly Philippine-made Loots From Kultura
Fashion Fridays: Proudly Philippine-made Loots From Kultura

The Buti Na Lang Sabado Bukas bag was designed by Team Manila is one bag that I can't help but add to my collection.  Love the humour!
Fashion Fridays: Proudly Philippine-made Loots From Kultura


The Common Filipino Mistakes bag is a gift from one of my aunts who vacationed in the Philippines last year.  Love the humour on this one too.
Fashion Fridays: Proudly Philippine-made Loots From Kultura


Whenever I'm at Megamall, I always drop by their Kultura Filipino store and in one of my visits, I found this rosary necklace in the accessories section.  It is made of a crystal called Citrine.  The crystals are actually light yellow in colour (I used a white filter when I took this photo that why it became white).  I bought this because I also have a collection of Rosaries and I'm very fond of crystals and precious stones.
Fashion Fridays: Proudly Philippine-made Loots From Kultura

And because in just a short span of time that I was in the Philippines and have been shopping there all the time, Kultura Filipino gave me a big, lovely Bayong before I left (you have to spend a minimum amount of which escapes me right now).
Fashion Fridays: My Great Finds From Kultura Filipino

If in case you are visiting the Philippines or you plan to give travelers or balikbayans a gift that is truly made by Filipinos, visit Kultura Filipino.

For Kultura Filipino branches, please click this.

Follow ibyang on Twitter