click click click

Friday, August 24, 2012

Beauty Stash: Murad

I mostly write about home, food and travel but this year, I've made two regular features on the blog, Beauty Stash and Style Musings, because like most women I'm also fascinated with beauty and style, and both topics are essential in living a charmed life. In Beauty Stash, I share finds and tips on grooming and staying beautiful.  Style Musings was formerly known as Fashion Fridays but it has evolved into sharing my thoughts on style and design. I hope you will enjoy these two features as much as I enjoy writing about them.

I have mentioned in a previous entry that it was only when I moved to Sydney that I followed a skin care regimen. While I did start putting skin care products when I was a teenager, it's when I was 28 y/o that I stopped jumping from one product to another. It was all thanks to Murad
Beauty Stash: Dr. Murad
Growing up, I've battled with acne for most of my teenage years. It comes and goes. I even had a theory before that I seem to get an attack of acne every four years.  When I turned 25, the breakouts lessened but I was aware that I need to find products that will suit my skin needs, especially that I'm not getting any younger. So when I moved here, I seek professional help, had a few session of facials and went home with Murad products to maintain the health of my skin.

I exclusively used Murad (as in no other skin care product touched my skin) for three years. Their products are a bit expensive but I soldiered on because I wanted my skin to get better. It was all worth it as my skin did improve. I still have acne scars but  at least my skin texture has improved, it is less sensitive and it's not as oily as it used to be. 

Murad Products I've Used:
Refreshing Cleanser.  A gentle but thorough cleanser. It's perfect for my sensitive skin. I feel like I'm washing my face with milk. It also keeps the skin hydrated.

Skin Perfecting Lotion. One of the best moisturisers I've used so far. It's very light but my skin stays hydrated during the day. Perfect for daytime use and when indoors.

Perfecting Day Cream with SPF30. Similar to what I felt with the Skin Perfecting Lotion but only this has SPF. Moisturiser and sunblock in 1. After learning that it's a must to put on sunblock ALWAYS, I switched to this.

Perfecting Night Cream. Moisturiser for night time. 

Energizing Pomegranate Moisturizer SPF 15. One of the moisturisers from Murad that I used just because I got tired of the Skin Perfecting Lotion. Great for daytime as this has SPF15. I love wearing this during summer as it has cooling effects on the skin.  This is also best for combination skin as it keeps the Tzone and dry zone areas of your face balanced.

Essential C-Cleanser. The last cleanser I used from Murad. This didn't sit well with me as I noticed it gave me a pimple of two after I use it. Although it felt light and mild, I don't know why it didn't work well with my skin.

If you noticed from the products mentioned, when I acquired my Murad skin regimen, I basically did two steps: cleanse and moisturise. While it is common that toning is part of skin care, I was told by professionals that it is not necessary. And it worked for me. I'm grateful that their advice saved me time and money.

I have stopped using Murad for sometime now. While I can afford their products and a few drops is all it takes to get you skin cleaned and moisturised (a tube it last loooong time), I find it a bit expensive. Murad has given me better skin and now I'm able to use other products without being prone to pimples.

Based from my experience, I'd highly recommend Murad for those who have sensitive and problematic skin. Ask a professional about Murad before making the switch.