click click click

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Happiness is Indulging in a Cup of Salted Caramel Yogurt!

Due to the heatwave last Tuesday, the Husband and I decided to meet up at Westfield Sydney after work. The temperatures went up to 42 degrees Celsius, it hurt the skin even if we're not directly under the sun. There's no way we're going to brave riding the train and sitting out the heat at home. I didn't want to cook anything at home too as it will add up to the heat. Our best solution would be to hang out at an airconditioned mall and wait out the sunset there and that's what we did.

As per usual, I had some time to myself. I window shopped and had a looked at sales to entertain myself. When I learned that the Husband's about to arrive, I walked up to Westfield's Level 5 Food Court where we're supposed to meet. I plan to reward myself a large cup of Brown Rice Milk Tea at Chatime but my attention diverted to a newly-opened restaurant nearby. It was a yogurt place called Yogurt World.  The place was nicely-lit as the dining area faced the windows. Love their concept of bar stools.  

Yogurt World has 16 flavours and about 101 toppings available in store. That's a lot!
By this time, I've forgotten about having milk tea. I had a quick look at their yogurt flavours and found SALTED CARAMEL! They have a salted caramel yogurt! That is sooooo brilliant!

With that, I quickly grabbed a cup and poured some yogurt and toppings. 
Based on my previous yogurt experiences, I'm not very much on toppings. I think I get overwhelmed with all the choices before me that I can't really think. But what I always choose are the marshmallows and blueberries. With chocolates, it varies. This time, I put two sticks of Kit Kat, one for me and one for the Hubby.

I love their coloured spoons! It had Yogurt World etched at the end. It's very personal. 
This is now my favourite yogurt! It's not as sour that even the Husband can tolerate it and it tastes so much like ice cream. It's so good I regretted not getting more.
I realized now how fixated I am with Salted Caramel. You can easily tempt me with almost anything that has Salted Caramel in it. To begin with, I really love Caramel-inspired food like the Philippines' Yema. And I love cakes and ice creams that has Caramel in it. 

Last year, Salted Caramel Macarons became one of my food favourites. Now I add Salted Caramel Yogurt to my list.

Level 5, Westfield Sydney
Pitt Street, Sydney NSW