click click click

Monday, June 30, 2014

Red Pepper (Strathfield Sports Club)

Thanks to food bloggers like Suze whom I follow on IG, I get to discover restaurants to try out in and out of Sydney. It was thru her that I found my new favourite Korean Fried Chicken. And I'm so happy that it's located in Strathfield. If you follow me on IG, you'd probably notice that the Husband and I usually have dinner in Strathfield (Sydney Metro's Koreatown) once a week. We already have our favourite restaurants in the area but we love discovering and trying new places. 

Strathfield Sports Club has a bistro called Red Pepper that serves Korean cuisine. They are particularly known for their Korean Fried Chicken.
We ordered a big bowl of U-Kaejang, beef stewed in spicy soup with leek, green bean sprouts, glass noodles and topped with fried egg. It was the perfect comfort food on a cold day. 
The main star of our dinner was Korean Fried Chicken, of course. We got a half order of Korean Fried Chicken with Wasabi Sauce sprinkled with Spring Onions. It was the best KFC I've tasted in Sydney so far. I love it! The skin was crispy while the meat was tender and flavourful. We tasted and felt the heat from the wasabi but it doesn't overwhelm, just enough flavour to give you that wasabi kick.
We are definitely coming back here in case we crave for Korean Fried Chicken in the future and try out their other variations of KFC (have a look at a part of their menu here).


Red Pepper 
Strathfield Sports Club
4a Lyons Street, Strathfield