click click click

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

June on Ibyangram

Ibyang + Instagram = Ibyangram
While my instagram photos are shared on my twitter page and sometimes on my tumblr and fb page, I would like to have a monthly dump of ibyangrams on AWCL too. It is thru instagram that I share everyday moments and random finds. I use instagram as my real time mini-blog. Every end of the month, I'll be choosing a couple of photos from my instagram and share it here because I have something more to say about a certain ibyangram.
While my instagram photos are shared on my twitter page and sometimes on my tumblr and fb page, I would like to have a monthly dump of ibyangrams on AWCL too. It is thru instagram that I share everyday moments and random finds. I use instagram as my real time mini-blog. Every end of the month, I'll be choosing a couple of photos from my instagram and share it here because I have something more to say about a certain ibyangram.

Winter officially started in June. The weather has become colder by the day. Although we have a lot of "sunshin-y" days, it can never be too warm as the sun has moved away from this part of the continent. The days are shorter, the nights longer and darker. This season calls us to hibernate, slow down, hug our loved ones closer and find comfort in the things that make us happy. 

While I would love to just sleep Winter away, life has never been busier. My June has been a mixture of staying at home, doing some photography, helping the Husband with his projects and spending time with loved ones. I miss blogging...writing and doing photography for the blog. I wish I could easily find time to sit down and blog as regularly as before but it's just not possible at the moment. The Husband and I are working on a new site we bought (ibyang.com) which will hopefully be up and running soon. I'll keep you posted! In the meantime, I hope you'll enjoy my compilation of June's Ibyangram.

The first day of Winter was cold and gray. Perfect for having a cup of tea.
Amused at the huge-ness of this Upo (long melon/bottle gourd). Oh the possibility of so many dishes I can make from this! Grateful to my friend, Rache, for sharing the harvests from your neighbor's garden.
The first Monday of June was a public holiday so we had lunch at home. Baked meatballs, stir-fried Long Melon some Banchan dishes: cabbage and radish kimchi.
I'm so cold that I just had to wear my ski socks on a Saturday morning.
I bribed the Husband with sweet watermelon & tea so he can watch The Legal Wife's finale with me haha. The Legal Wife is a Filipino tv series which I watched for a few weeks. 
My photograph entitled "Walking Under A Thousand Torii Gates" is now housed in a 42cm x 52cm frame. This photo was captured while the Husband was walking under the torii gates of Fushimi Inari Shrine in Kyoto, Japan. 
I seem to eat more ice cream in Winter. For tonight, Salted Caramel ice cream with wafer biscuits that tastes like Otap
A simple pleasure from America. My first Kate Spade bag.
The green stuff I bought all for $5.25! Some afternoons, I dropped by the Asian supermarket and find veggies which are on sale.
Winter Solstice. Shortest day of the year in Australia. It was a beautiful day so I hung outside our balcony and sunbathe for the a few minutes.
Sunrise hues of pink, orange and blue. The view from a moving train. 
My morning fuel. Whole grain flakes and various seeds & nuts topped with Avocado.
Pandesal, Ensaymada & Spanish Bread. Filipino breads for brekkie.
A pair of Winter slippers for a Socceroos fan. My twitter timeline were mostly about the World Cup especially in the morning. I'm not a soccer fan but I enjoyed reading news and hoorays of soccer fans around the world. 
From my parents with love. Finding comfort from chocolate-coated dried mangoes in this cold and windy day.

-o0o0o-