click click click

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I Miss Being Young and Restless

Oh, to be young and in love!!!!

I found the raw format of this collage three nights ago. These were taken on 31 December 2004, exactly five days after being engaged.

Looking at these photos reminds me of how it was to be young, in love, restless, carefee. Those were the good ol' days and how we loved every minute of it!!!!

Okay, I know we are still young and in love..still a bit restless and carefree at times but I'm sure couples who are now married can relate to the fact that being steadies is VERY different from being married. It's just that when married, the responsibilities are huge because we are now managing a home and building a family.

Anyway, now that I got the chance to look at our old photos, it's just nice to know that we made the most of our time being single, being friends, being barkadas, being steadies, being engaged. I'm glad we took our time...followed our dreams first...and just enjoyed being together.

Now that we're married, we highly appreciate the value of waiting for the right time rather than look back and say "I should've done this and that...". It just so much easier to adjust to or accept the responsibilities of being a husband/wife just because we didn't succumb to being married early.

Thru the photos we've captured, we happily look back at the times we: pick each other up from work, hang out in each other's offices, have coffee with our friends, the times we would surprise each other with a note, date and food (once he sent a muffin to me while I was in a meeting---i felt like a high school girl), travels to provincial areas of the Phils, night outs with friends, saturday late nights at my place, endless number of dates in a mall or to wherever we felt like hanging out, numerous movies we watched, times spent with each other's families, celebrating small and big milestones and of course, the times we fought about things we thought were relevant to fight about (sometimes by the end of the fight, we can't even remember what we were fighting about in the first place!).

*sigh* It's just feels so nice to reminisce the good ol' days.

One of these days, I'm going to immortalize some of our old photos by uploading it online. I've already done our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year scrapbooks (there's a 4th one but I haven't finished it!) and I think it would be nice if some memoirs can be seen online too.