A word of caution: this recipe I'm sharing is high in cholesterol and fat. Very very sinful but very delicous. So eat in moderation. I do not recommend eating this all the time.
This recipe is inspired by the many variations of baked potato and Potato Au Gratin I found on the net. Most recipes don't have Bacon as an ingredient (so Bacon is optional)...but since this is my recipe, itinodo ko na sa fat and cholesterol :P.
On personal note, this is one of my favorite food--potato...either baked or fried or found inside a bag (like a bag of potato chips hahaha), my guiltiest guilt ever.
I highly recommend this for handaans or when you're having a couple of family or friends for dinner. At least you get to share not just the food but also the high calories. :)
What you will need:
4 medium to large-sized potatoes (peeled, sliced and cooked)
6 tbsps of butter
4 tbsps of flour
2 cups of milk
1 cup cooked bacon, cut into bits
1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
salt and pepper
What you will need to do:
1. Place cooked potatoes in a shallow baking dish or Pyrex container.
2. In a saucepan over medium to low heat, melt butter. Add flour and stir to blend well, gradually stir in milk. Stir constantly until sauce is thick and smooth. Add bacon and cheese. Add a dash of pepper and salt to taste.
3. Pour sauce over potatoes.
4. Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top before placing inside the oven.
5. Bake for 15 minutes at 200 degrees.
Serves 6-8 persons.