click click click

Monday, July 30, 2012

Sunshiny Weekend: Fun Times, Good Food with Great Friends

The past weekend blessed us with great weather and sunshine, company of friends, delicious food and fun moments filled with laughter.  

We started our weekend on Friday afternoon where we (finally) conquered North Strathfield, a suburb located in the Inner West of Sydney Metro.  It was a plan we've had for awhile. As some of you may know, the Husband and I live a partly-Korean lifestyle already, hence, we visit places where there's a Koreatown so we can buy Korean products and ingredients, eat at Korean restaurants and cafes, etc.  North Strathfield has a few Korean restaurants so we invited our friends to have dinner there on Friday. 

While we waited for the others, the Husband and I had coffee at Cheeky Chocolate, a fancy dessert cafe which offer pastries and cakes made by Adriano Zumbo. We shared a Salted Chocolate Mud Cake and two pieces of Salted Caramel Macarons.  Will share more about our Cheeky Chocolate experience in a separate post.
Dinner with friends was at the Bakehouse Garden Korean BBQ Restaurant. The food was delicious! The marinated meats were all juicy and flavourful. We loved their soups too.

We went back to the Cheeky Chocolate for dessert.  This time, the Husband and I only had tea while our friends had coffee and hot chocolate. We decided to try two pastries: some berry tart and a dome made of chocolate and hazelnut (I forgot the name).

Below is my Husband's best capture that night.  Jackie, Teena and I love to eat and cook. They also love to bake and while I'm not into baking much (I can bake but I'd rather buy cake), I've always been a happy recipient of their works of art, forever grateful that I get to sample their yummy concoctions straight from the oven. This photo says it all. It's like we're Masterchef judges because we were seriously tasting the cakes we ordered. You can even see Jack pointing her finger at the spoon she's about to put into her mouth because we're figuring out what's in the cake we were about to taste.

The following day, we were blessed with more sunshiny weather as we met with friends for lunch at Coco Cubano (Parramatta). We had a blast, especially the ladies--it actually felt like a ladies' day out for us wives and mommies. Lunch at Coco Cubano was a great start as we had mouthwatering food and the most refreshing Sangria.  The Husbands and kids were left to their own devices so we can enjoy "Magic Mike" in the cinema. It's really a ladies' movie.  It's funny, sexy and entertaining. I've never been to a strip club ever in my life so with this movie, I felt like I had a little experience of that.
Add caption


Meeting Annie. She's a friend of one of my high school friends who just came back from her Manila vacation. My high school friend sent me a care package (thanks Majo!) thru Annie. The nice thing about it was that we got to meet new friends here.  We're grateful for Annie and her family for bringing us Majo's gifts and even more grateful that Annie was generous enough to get to know us and invite us for dinner on Saturday.  
Sunday was just spent at home doing the usual weekend chores and resting up so we can face another busy week ahead.

So how was your weekend?